2019 Minority Health Month Calendar of Events
Click HERE to view the 2019 MHM Calendar of events. Please call the event contact prior to attendance, to ensure that the event is taking place as listed.
Minority Health Month Brief History
Minority Health Month was created in 1989 to be a 30-day, high visibility, health promotion and disease prevention campaign. Conducted with and by community based agencies and organizations, this celebration reaches into urban, suburban and rural areas of the state. In 2000, Minority Health Month became a national celebration. The next round of Minority Health Month funding will be released in June 2019.
Minority Health Month was designed to:
- provide crucial information to allow individuals to practice disease prevention;
- promote healthy lifestyles;
- showcase the providers of grassroots healthcare resources and information;
- highlight the disparate health conditions between Ohio's minority and non-minority populations; and
- to gain additional support for ongoing efforts to improve minority health year round